Thursday, January 26, 2012

Knock Knock... Who's There? My Knees....

I got a follow-up email about a previous blog I wrote, where a skater asked about overcoming knock-kneed stuff. I've gotta be honest with you, I didn't do right by my body with that, my first.... 8 years of roller derby...

But I am now!

Did you know you can actually train a lot of that knocked-ness out?? I know, blew my mind. Here's some recommended links:


Articles

Videos below to go with this article:

For those Pilates inclined:


Side Lunges

Side Step Ups

Hip Abduction

With A Big Blue Ball

Wall Sits

I can be seen doing these exercises during warm ups, on the side, and in between drills in a city near you! After years of being a good skater, I'm now learning to be the good athlete I wish I'd been before. 

If you have an area to improve on, go ahead and get started on that. You'll be glad you did when you feel stronger and can go for longer without pain, or even remembering what nature gave you to start with!




No comments:

Post a Comment