Friday, April 6, 2012

I've Got a Very Big Stick

People have different ways in which they measure success in life.

Some are interested in spirituality, or popularity, others money, we all have our different drivers. For a very long time, my main driver has been, "What does it feel like to hang around me? Make sure that I feel good to be with."

But the truth is, I want it all. I have a VERY large stick by which I measure success. I want to be spiritually enlightened and physically beastly. I want to feel good to be around and I want to laugh my ass off every day. I want the body of a goddesss and the mind of genius. I understand it will take time reach both ends of this very large stick... but I still carry it around with me every day.

Someone asked me a couple blogs ago what my inspiration is. Here's the answer:

I'm inspired by the idea of being the best version of me that's possible. So... I'm just gonna do everything I can to see how awesome I can get in one lifetime.

You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains? I say fuck that. I've spent the last 10 years actively sculpting my mind, spirit and values. Now I'm sculpting my body and physical abilities.

I love that roller derby can be such a holistic catalyst/vehicle for all of that.

You just gotta grab those opportunities when you see them. You gotta grab those opportunities when you see them.Through the community you get to hone your social/human skills. (Nothing like learning a little conflict resolution to hone your emotional endurance!) Through the sport, your physicality is tested.

Will I ever be perfect? Nope! But... I will be inspired to get a little closer every day! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment